I don’t really have any pressing things on my mind this week. There are no big issues that are bothering me, no concerns I want to rant about, so I just thought I’d share some little things I have been noticing more and more lately that mean a lot to me.
- I spend most of my time smiling. Whether I am at work, at the box or anywhere else I spend a lot of my life smiling and laughing. It feels so much better than crying.
- Yesterday I ran, I mean really ran, for the bus. I caught it and I wanted a chufty badge right there and then.
- I am happy to swan about with my thighs out and I could not give a shit who (if anyone) is judging me.
- I am 95% pain free in relation to my IBS and that is SUCH a relief.
- I get to hang out with really interesting and diverse people from all over the world and extremely varied walks of life.
- I am no longer afraid. I have spent a lot of my life absolutely terrified of everything. Not anymore. CrossFit has taught me so much more than just how to move my body. It has taught me patience, grit, determination, perseverance and the true meaning of strength.
- I am no longer angry. I was doing a WOD today which included hitting a tyre with a hammer and I thought ‘this would be really good to get out anger and frustration,’ but I realised I don’t have any.
- I don’t see my body as my enemy any more. I used to feel like my body hated me. To be honest it probably did because I abused it. Now I feel like me and my body are on the same team.
- I sleep really well. And take naps. Its lovely.
- I am absolutely certain that my life is going to just keep getting better and better.
I know I said ten but I have to include this one as an added bonus…
- I like checking out my guns when I’m wearing short sleeves!
Thanks for reading, I’m now blogging over at joskibyrne.wordpress.com come and join me!